Tuesday 13 August 2013

Small Faces of Toledo, Spain

On our travels this summer, driving from Scotland to the Sahara desert, we stopped off for two nights at a beautiful campsite in Toledo. Campground El Greco was only a short walk away from the old town of Toledo and we enjoyed wandering around the medieval streets, stopping off every now and again at pavement cafes to people watch over liquid refreshment. 

Late in the afternoon, to escape the heat, we walked around the Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes. I spent a few quiet moments exploring alone while my other half read up on the history of the place. 

I noticed how excessively lavish the decoration was, no square inch was lacking in complicated and lacy carving. There were many carvings of children, animals and plant life. I became fascinated with them and spent the rest of the afternoon searching the walls to capture them with my camera.











No comments:

Post a Comment